SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The global cell and gene therapy manufacturing market size is expected to reach USD 57.4 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 20.3% from 2021 to 2028. An exponential rise in clinical pipeline coupled with a rising number of regulatory approvals for advanced therapies has majorly driven the market.
Key Insights & Findings:
- The cell therapy manufacturing segment dominated the market in 2020 in terms of revenue
- A high number of ongoing clinical trials of cell therapies to address the robust need for effective treatment against COVID-19 infection has resulted in segment growth
- A high number of candidate molecules in the pre-commercial scale stage has contributed to the largest revenue share of the segment in 2020
- On the other hand, the recent success of CAR-T therapies supplements the growth of the commercial-scale manufacturing segment
- The contract manufacturing segment is expected to witness lucrative growth during the forecast period as a substantial number of bio manufacturers are turning to CMOs for efficient and rapid product development
- Ongoing pandemic has accelerated the global investments in the R&D of viral vector-based vaccines, creating lucrative opportunities in the vector production segment
- North America dominated the market in terms of revenue in 2020 owing to the strong research as well as a commercial base for cell and gene therapy products in the U.S.
- U.S. is leading the CAR-T and gene therapy space with the highest number of approved products, thus positively influencing the market growth in the region
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at the fastest rate throughout the forecast period
- Constantly evolving viral vector production and CDMO landscapes through plant expansions and new sites are spurring the market in this region
- The key players are engaged in collaboration with biopharma developers to support their product development process
Read 188 page market research report, «Cell And Gene Therapy Manufacturing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Therapy Type, By Scale (R&D, Commercial), By Mode, By Workflow (Vector Production, Cell Banking), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028«, by Grand View Research
Considering promising growth opportunities in the contract development of cellular and gene-modified therapies, market participants are making focused efforts to boost their market presence. Also, bio manufacturers are signing strategic alliances with contract manufacturers to accelerate the R&D of their candidate programs. Rising demand for CMOs/CDMOs services has led to the entry of several new players as well as expansion of product development capabilities, thereby positively impacting market revenue.
Several novel methods are being introduced to advance cell and gene therapy manufacturing. For instance, the manufacturers are exploring the potential of single-use technology in production workflows. This technique is gaining increasing attention in this arena to speed the development process while reducing the overall cost and production timeline. Such technological advancements in space are anticipated to bolster market growth in the coming years.
Grand View Research has segmented the global cell and gene therapy manufacturing market on the basis of therapy type, scale, mode, workflow, and region:
- Cell & Gene Therapy Manufacturing Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Cell Therapy Manufacturing
- Stem Cell
- Non Stem Cell
- Gene Therapy Manufacturing
- Cell & Gene Therapy Manufacturing Scale Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Pre-commercial/ R&D Scale
- Commercial Scale
- Cell & Gene Therapy Manufacturing Mode Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Contract Manufacturing
- In-house Manufacturing
- Cell & Gene Therapy Manufacturing Workflow Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Cell Processing
- Cell Banking
- Process Development
- Fill & Finish Operations
- Analytical And Quality Testing
- Raw Material Testing
- Vector Production
- Cell & Gene Therapy Manufacturing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Cell And Gene Therapy Manufacturing Market
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Merck KGaA
- Catalent Inc.
- Takara Bio Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Wuxi Advanced Therapies
- Samsung Biologics
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Novartis AG
- Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Cellular Therapeutics
- Miltenyi Biotec
- Bluebird Bio Inc.
Check out more studies related to genetics and cell therapy, conducted by Grand View Research:
- Gene Therapy Market – The global gene therapy market size is expected to reach USD 10.0 billion by 2028. The market growth is attributed to the increasing prevalence of cancer coupled with the lack of effective treatment for the disease.
- Cell Therapy Market – The global cell therapy market size is expected to reach USD 23.0 billion by 2028. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 14.5% from 2021 to 2028.
- T-cell Therapy Market – The global T-cell therapy market size is expected to reach USD 20.3 billion by 2028. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 20.2% from 2021 to 2028.
Browse through Grand View Research’s coverage of the Global Biotechnology Industry.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter