SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 8, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The global surgical drainage devices market size is anticipated to reach USD 2.57 billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 5.6% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The growth of this market is catapulted by the increasing incidence of chronic diseases, the need to curb healthcare expenditure, and the additional benefits associated with surgical drain devices. The majority of the time, these devices are used for the prevention of fluid accumulation and in post-surgical treatment & care.
Key Insights & Findings:
- Active surgical devices are expected to gain considerable market share owing to their increasing usage in surgeries
- With a wide range of passive surgical drain devices being available in the market, product penetration is high, fetching them an adequate share in the market
- With an increase in the incidence of musculoskeletal diseases, arthritis, and osteoporosis, orthopedics application is expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Cardiothoracic application is expected to be the largest segment due to the global rise in cardiovascular diseases and the number of surgeries being performed
- North America accounted for the largest market share owing to the local presence of dominant players in the surgical drainage devices market and availability of sophisticated infrastructure as well as the existence of healthcare reforms to curb the incidence of chronic diseases
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to flourish during the forecast period owing to the change in various healthcare reforms and the development of new medically advanced technologies
Read 93 page market research report, «Surgical Drainage Devices Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Active, Passive), By Application (Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgeries, Orthopedics), By End Use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028«, by Grand View Research
With the escalating number of diseases that require surgical intervention, these devices are now being used in hospitals, clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers. Active surgical drain devices make use of negative pressure or vacuum to remove fluid buildup and are preferred over conventional passive drain devices as they help in healing the wound quickly.
Drainage devices are used in cardiothoracic surgeries, neurosurgical procedures, orthopedic surgeries, and abdominal surgeries among others. The global rise in musculoskeletal diseases, arthritis, and osteoporosis has resulted in an increase in the number of surgeries being performed, which has further led to an increase in the adoption of these devices.
The North American region accounted for the largest market share due to technologically advanced medical infrastructure and the successful integration of ambulatory health services in its healthcare system. Emerging countries like India, China, and Brazil are also expected to flourish during the forecast period owing to their developing healthcare infrastructure and increasing adoption of advanced medical technology to curb chronic diseases.
Grand View Research has segmented the global surgical drainage devices market on the basis of product, application, end-use, and region:
- Surgical Drainage Devices Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Jackson-Pratt Drain
- Hemovac Drain
- Blake Drain
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
- Redivac Drain
- EVD & Lumbar Drain
- Chest Tube
- Penrose Drain
- Surgical Drainage Devices Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeries
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Abdominal Surgery
- Surgical Drainage Devices End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Surgical Drainage Devices Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of the Surgical Drainage Devices Market
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Cardinal Health
- Cook Medical
Check out more studies related to the Global Medical Devices Industry, conducted by Grand View Research:
- Cerebrospinal Fluid Drainage Catheter Market – The global cerebrospinal fluid drainage catheter market size is expected to reach USD 361.75 million by 2028. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 4.5% from 2021 to 2028.
- Hernia Repair Devices Market – The global hernia repair devices market size is expected to reach USD 7.21 billion by 2028. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.65% from 2021 to 2028.
- Refractive Surgery Devices Market – The global refractive surgery devices market size is expected to reach USD 290.8 million by 2028. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.7% from 2021 to 2028.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter